2012 Pure Stock Rules
Every Car Will Be Required To Pay A $30 Registration Fee
-The Pure Stock Class is designed to be fun and is not intended to be a high dollar car division.
You must have approval from the track owner to race in this class.
Engine Claim: $500 outright or $200 exchange. Intake to oil pan.The car getting claimed has the
option of selling his motor outright or doing the exchange.
Any car that wins 3 Features will pull one head off for inspection at the track.
One driver per car. Points go to the driver, not the car. If someone else is driving the car, you are
responsible to let the officials know at the sigh in gate.
Car can only run in one class for the night of racing.
Nevada Speedway reserves the right to change any rule at any time for the betterment or
safety of the sport.
See additional sheets for minimum safety requirements, and other general rules.
BODY & FRAME
1. American made 1955 or newer RWD , front engine , 101" minimum wheelbase.
2. NO sports cars allowed (Corvettes or any fiberglass bodied cars).
3. All bodies must be steel OEM panels or steel OEM Replacement panels only. Sunroofs must
be closed in using steel panel and welded. NO "T" top cars allowed. Body Must Match Frame.
4. All frames must remain stock & unaltered. If rear frame rails are rusted and need and need
repaired you may cut the frame at a point no farther forward than the vertical center line of the rear
end housing and replace them with 2" x 3" x .095 rectangular steel tubing minimum.
5. 1970 - 1082 Camaro may be used , you must use a 2" x 2" x .095 steel tubing sub-frame
connector under the car only to connect front and rear sub-frames. You can not under sling the rear
end of the car. All rear suspension mounting points must remain in stock location.
6. Rear firewall must be installed to close off trunk area from driver's compartment completely. You
may use a minimum of .035 sheet aluminum or sheet steel.
7. Front firewall must remain full and unaltered in any manner. All holes must be closed off with a
minimum of .035 sheet aluminum or sheet steel.
8. All bodies must remain stock appearing and in stock location on the frame.
9. All glass , chrome , exterior trim & fiberglass body parts must be removed.
10. No excessive gutting , you may gut the hood , trunk lid , doors & fenders for reasonable tire
clearance , and under fuel cell for fuel escape.
11. No Aluminum hoods or trunks.
12. Plastic Nose Piece is OK. No wedge noses.
13. No Spoilers or wings allowed.
14. Only OEM stock bumpers front & rear. No extra supports of any kind on or to the bumper.
15. Deck lids must be secured using quick release pins only. (NO nuts or bolts)
16. All cars must have a minimum 5/16" steel cable or chain on front and rear of car and easily
accessible for towing purposes.
17. Side skirts are permitted. Skirts must maintain five (5") inches of ground clearance at the
lowest point and not extended above the first body line on the doors and quarter panels.
18. All cars must be clearly marked with numbers on both sides , roof , front & rear. Side and roof
numbers shall be a minimum of 18" tall and contrast car color. Front and rear numbers shall be a
minimum 5" tall and contrast car color.
19. Weight - 3,300 lbs. After Race. Any weight added to car must be attached by weight clamps
and be painted white with car number on it. Weight must be attached by a minimum of two 1/2"
bolts and clamps. No bolts welded to bars or frames. Weight must be mounted inside the trunk ,
no weight mounted up high on roll cage.
STEERING & CHASSIS
1. Must have original suspension pieces and in stock locations.
2. NO weight jacks of any kind.
3. NO independent rear suspensions.
4. Trailing arms must remain stock , stock length and in stock location( 2" off top , 2 1/2" off
bottom) for make and model. NO offset bushings.
5. Stock shocks only , NO racing shocks.(Afco,Pro,QA1,Bilstein,BSB,Integra,etc ... NOT
6. Shock must be in stock location and in stock mounts only.
7. One shock per wheel.
8. NO heim-end , aluminum , or split-valve shocks.
9. Racing springs OK , springs must be mounted in stock OEM location and mounting only ,
maximum of 13" rear springs.
10. NO weight jacking devices , spring spacers , or rubbers of any kind allowed.
11. NO adjustable lowering blocks
12. Sway bar must remain stock , stock length bolts and spacer (same length) on both sides of the
front end , if you choose to run one.
13. NO adjustable spring spacer on the front and rear , may use ones cut to fit on the front only.
ROLL CAGE & DRIVER'S COMPARTMENT
1. A minimum of a six point roll cage is required with a minimum of 3 driver's door bars and 2
passenger side door bars. The roll cage must be welded to the frame of car. (Camaro's must
weld the roll cage to a 6" x 6" x 3/16" steel plate. Plates must be fully welded to floor pan , then
drilled & bolted to a 6" x 6" x 3/16" steel plate below the floor pan) Front and rear hoops are
2. Roll cage must be fabricated from 1 1/2" x .095 wall steel tubing.
3. No offset cages or set back cages , no further back than the center door post.
4. There must be a minimum of three bars in front of driver fabricated with a minimum 3/8" steel
5. Aluminum racing seats only. Seat must be bolted to roll cage only using no less than 3/8" grade
8 bolts with flat washers top and bottom of bolts with lock nuts.
6. Five point safety belts are mandatory. Safety belts must be bolted to roll cage with a minimum
of 3/8" grade 8 bolts & lock nuts. Safety belts can be no older than 2 years.
7. Ribbon type window nets required. Window nets must be bolted in on the bottom with a release
at the top.
8. Fire extinguishers are required and must be with-in reach of driver.
9. A master disconnect switch is required and must be mounted behind drivers seat and clearly
marked "ON" and "OFF" , and be easily reached from outside of car.
10. Steering column in stock location. Quick release steering wheel OK.
11. NO quick steering reducers.
12. Firewall must be stock , NO moving or straightening , and floor pan must remain original and
all holes must be covered.
13. Stock master cylinders only , with cylinder and pedal in stock location and mount to the firewall
, NO pedal extension of any kind.
REAR ENDS , BRAKES & DRIVE SHAFTS
1. OEM original type rear end in stock location or 9" also Allowed.No Floaters
2.Gears may be locked , no limited slip , spools OK.
3. OEM factory original type brakes only.
4. Disk brakes on rear optional.
5. All 4 brakes must lock up on inspection. Right front shut off allowed.
6. Stock brake master cylinders only, with cylinder and pedal in stock location and mounted to the
7. Steel drive shafts only. Drive shaft must be stock OEM only and painted white with car number
clearly marked on it , A drive shaft loop is mandatory and must be fabricated from a minimum of
1/4" x 2" steel strap around the drive shaft no further back than 6" from the back of the
8. Must have stock pinion angle.
TIRES & WHEELS
1. The track tire shall be the AMERICAN RACER G60-15-KK704(Stamped or Unstamped) , 8 or
10 inch Asphalt take off on 8 or 10 inch wheels.
2. No mismatching one or the other.
3. Minimum 1" OD lug nuts.
4. All tires must durometer a minimum of 50.
5. NO aluminum wheels.
6. You may groove , sipe and grind tires.
7. Beadlock OK , on right rear only.
ELECTRICAL & IGNITION SYSTEMS
1. Battery may be moved and must be securely mounted. If in driver's compartment , it must be
2. NO voltage enhancing devices allowed.
3. All wiring shall be neatly bundled and secured to chassis , all wires passing through holes shall
have a rubber grommet to prevent wires from shorting to chassis ground.(rubber hose is not a
4. OEM HEI or OEM point distributor only with one stock 12 volt coil. NO MSD or Accel parts.
5. NO timing retard , voltage reduction , or traction control devices of any kind allowed.
1. Pump Gas only. NO racing fuel. NO alcohol.
2. Fuel cells mandatory. Maximum 22 gallons. Fuel cells must be encased in an approved metal
container of no less than 20 Gauge steel. Fuel cell must be mounted in trunk area of car only using
a minimum of two 1 1/2" x 1/8" steel straps wrapped completely around cell and mounted to
chassis of the car. Bottom of fuel cell must be set in car no lower than bottom of frame rail.
3. All fuel lines must be routed neatly under the car and kept above the bottom of the frame rails at
4. All fuel pumps shall be mechanically driven and bolt directly to engine block in stock location -
NO electric or belt drive , or rear drive fuel pumps allowed.
5. No pressurized fuel systems allowed.
6. Fuel pressure gauge lines may not enter driver's compartment. You must use isolation.
CARBURETOR & INTAKE
1. Cast Iron Quadrajet or 2-barrel intakes only.
2. NO aluminum intakes.
3. NO marine or Bowtie intakes allowed.
4. NO spacers.
5. 4412 Carburetor only. Must be stock and pass a go/no go gauge. No down leg boosters , no
altering of booster cluster.
Throttle shaft must remain stock and must not be thinned or cut in any manner. Stock throttle
plates and screws , must not be thinned , cut or tampered , Maximum throttle bore 1 11/16" and
maximum venturi bore 1 3/8" , NO modification of carburetor.
NO boring or polishing of throttle or venturi bore allowed , NO performance carbs.
Carburetor is subject to claim. Carburetor has a claim of $250.00 outright , no exchange. The
track has the right to exchange your carburetor with a new one. USE CARBURETOR ADAPTER ,
Mr. Gasket part #1933 or #1929.
ENGINE & TRANSMISSION
1. Must have V-8 engine , OEM size configuration 360 cubic inch maximum.
2. No stroker motors allowed.
3. Engine in stock location , no moving motor back or down or up , same brand as car : GM to GM
, Ford to Ford , Motor mounts in stock locations only.
4. Flat top or dish pistons only.
5. Stock compression motors only. No performance parts of any kind allowed.( STOCK ONLY)
6. Cast iron OEM heads only , no double hump , angle plug or Vortec heads. No screw-in studs or
guide plates allowed. NO PORTING , POLISHING , BOWL CUTTING , MILLING , or ALTERING
OF ANY KIND.
7. Stock rocker arms , 1.5 stock ratio must be maintained , chevy rockers must have stock
triangular insignis and stock rocker nuts , must run "0" valve lash rocker nuts must be back off 3/4
turn before "0" valve lash.
8. Smooth idle cams at 800RPM , with a stock lift of .280 at lobe , 420 lift at valve , must pull 16
inch vacuum. NO roller cams , no solid cams , HYDRAULIC CAMS ONLY. No anti-pump up lifters.
9. Cast iron exhaust manifolds only ,No Ram Horn type exhaust allowed. No center dump or LT1
type exhaust. headers will be allowed tubes must not exceed 1 and 5/8 outside diameter to the collector no step
headers allowed. The must be in frame under car.
10. Aluminum radiators allowed.
11. Transmission must remain completely stock.
12. Standard must have all working gears and stock OEM clutch , minimum 11" flywheel and
pressure plate. Cast iron bell housing or explosion-proof bell housing highly recommended.
13. Automatics must have all working gears with OEM working torque converter. No converters
smaller than 11".
14. No aluminum or Corvette components.
- 1. Fox body mustang allowed. (Body & Frame)
- 2. Yes , aluminum pulleys are allowed.
- 3. No Cast Iron Bell Housings.
- 4. Must have 24" of exhaust pipe from each manifold toward back of car.
- 5. NO After Market Power Steering.
DRIVERS : If it does not say it , that doesn't mean you can do it. Check with Shawn or Randell
before you do anything to your car that is questionable. OEM does not mean HIGH