NEVADA SPEEDWAY TRACK RULES
Racing is a dangerous sport, Drivers and pit crew assume all risk and liability.
All cars entered for competition are subject to inspection by track officials at any time.
The track officials are empowered to permit minor deviations from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. The management reserves the right to make changes to these rules to allow for a more competitive program for the racers and spectators.
FLAGMAN HAS COMPLETE AUTHORITY BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER RACE.
DRIVER AND PIT RULES:
1. Drivers must be 14 years of age or older. Spectators 12 through 18 years of age entering the pit area must have a signed and notarized release form at the pit gate. Must be 12years old or older to run mini stock or pure stock.
2. All members of the crew must be dressed properly. Drivers and owners are responsible for the conduct of each crewmember. Any drinking or misconduct such as but not limited to fighting will result in suspension of the car, driver and entire crew. Management prefers like uniforms.
3. The draw closes at 7:00 PM anyone arriving after 7:00 p.m. will start tail back in the feature races.
4. We want slow and even starts with all cars in line. On restarts you may not advance on the car ahead of you before passing the cone. First offense you will go tailback second offense you will be disqualified.
5. Any car entering the hot pit area on a RED FLAG or a YELLOW FLAG will go TAIL BACK. Cars are not allowed to re-enter the racetrack if they are more than one lap down. Cars are not permitted to re-enter racetrack under green condition.
6. We do not race back to a yellow flag. When the YELLOW FLAG or RED FLAG comes out do not race to the flag stand. Line up will go back to the last fully completed lap under the GREEN.
7. ANY CAR INVOLVED OR CAUSING A CAUTION or stopping on the track (failure to maintain forward motion) WILL GO TO THE REAR. ANY CAR involved in Two (2) RESTARTS or stopping twice (2) IN THE SAME RACE WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FOR THE BALANCE OF THAT RACE.
8. A RED FLAG means STOP as quickly and safely as possible. Cars will be lined up according to the way they finished on the last fully completed lap under the GREEN.
9. In the case of rain during a race, the flagman will show the WHITE FLAG and then one lap later he will show the CHECKERED FLAG. The management will determine if weather conditions deem ending the nightâ€™s event.
10. In the event of a rain out, if the heat races have been completed, the race is a show; features will be run the next scheduled race night before the regularly scheduled show, and payout will be paid on the night of features. A rain out before heat races have been completed is considered a no race and no pay; gate fees will be honored the next week.
11. If for any reason, a race is run one lap short or one lap long, the race is officially over when the CHECKERED FLAG falls.
12. Any unsportsman like conduct by drivers, owners and/or pit crew shall be grounds for disqualification and/or punitive action by the SPEEDWAY and will be strictly enforced. Drivers are responsible for the conduct and actions of their family and crewmembers.
13. Pit crews MUST stay in the pit area. Cars will be disqualified for crewmembers inside the fence or on the racetrack. If a car is on the track or the entrance or exit area of the track, and a crewmember touches the car in any manner, the car will be disqualified. Cars are to be worked on in the HOT PIT ONLY.
14. ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES are to be consumed by drivers or their pit crews prior to or during an event. Use of illegal drugs at ANY TIME shall be cause for immediate indefinite suspension.
15. NO DRIVER CHANGES allowed after the start of the race night.
16. It is the driverâ€™s responsibility to know their starting position and be in position when the race pulls onto the track. Cars not entering the track in the correct position will start the race tail back.
17. Tire changing is allowed in the feature event only and only in the HOT PIT. If you go to your pit area you will not be allowed back on the track.
18. Under no circumstances shall a driver get out of his/her car on the racetrack or apron. Exiting your car will result in disqualification or suspension. Exceptions being, driverâ€™s safety, or instruction from a track official.
19. Any driver making contact with another car after the checker flag will be disqualified for the night and/or may be suspended for unsportsmanlike conduct.
20. Any driver driving recklessly through the pits will be disqualified and/ or suspended.
21. Car numbers made of a contrasting color must be a minimum of 3â€� wide and 18â€� tall on both sides and 3â€� wide and 30â€� tall on the roof. A number 5â€� tall on the front of the car is recommended for line up purposes.
22. First time competitors with minor rule deviations may be permitted by speedway officials to race on a first night one-time basis.
23. No traction control devices of any kind, in any class, are allowed.
24. A Driver's Meeting will be called only when deemed necessary, but when one is called, any driver that does not attend forfeits any protest or discussion rights for that night.
25. Failure to go directly to the inspection or scale area will result in disqualification and the money and points earned that night will be forfeited.
26. No 2-way communication devices or listening devices are allowed.
27. Any point or rule not covered herein shall be decided by track officials and management at the necessary time and SHALL BE FINAL!!!
28. The officials will gladly discuss anything with the DRIVER ONLY!
1. A working fire extinguisher is required in all cars and must be within driverâ€™s reach inside the car.
2. ALL DRIVERS MUST WEAR A FULL FIRE SUIT; gloves and shoes required.
Fire suit must be flame retardant nature and in good condition.
3. WINDOW NETS are required in ALL DIVISIONS. Nets are to be mounted to disconnect at the top left corner.
4. BRAKES: Must operate on all four (4) wheels and must lock up all four (4) wheels during inspection.
5. Tow hooks are to be mounted on the front and back of all cars.
(a.) Helmets are required and must be Snell-rated SA 95, SA 2000 or SA 2005 and must be worn at all times when the car is on the track. NO MOTORCYCLE HELMETS.
(b.) Helmet must accompany the vehicle at the time of inspection.
7. All vehicles must have the capability of starting without being pushed or pulled. All racecars must join the line up on demand unaided, or go tail back of that race.
8. FUEL CELLS: Approved fuel cells are mandatory and must be mounted by at least two (2) steel straps, two inches (2") wide around the cell. Fuel cells must also have check valves and bladders are highly recommended. Fuel cells are limited to 32 gallons maximum capacity.
9. BATTERIES: Must be securely mounted and shielded. Batteries mounted inside the vehicle must be in marine type cases.
10. LOOSE OBJECTS AND/OR WEIGHTS: Will not be allowed in driverâ€™s compartment. Any weights added to other areas of the vehicle must be securely mounted using two (2) Â½" bolts WITH APPROVED WEIGHT CLAMPS, painted white, and marked with car number. Weights are to be mounted below all windows and inside the body area.
11. SIDE BARS: Must be as parallel with the ground as possible and located perpendicular to the driver to provide maximum protection for the driver without causing difficulty exiting the vehicle. The sidebars must be welded to the front and rear of the roll cage members. No brazing or soldering allowed.
13. SHOULDER HARNESS: Competition type at least 3" and substrip are required. No factory shoulder belts or straps are allowed. Metal to metal buckles are required on shoulder and seat belts. Harness must be mounted in at least three points even with or below driverâ€™s shoulders. Belts and harnesses are to be in good condition; and are to be inspected yearly. Belts should not be over two (2) years old.
14. KILL SWITCH: Required within easy reach of the driver. Switch must be clearly marked â€œoffâ€� and â€œonâ€�.
15. DRIVE SHAFT LOOP: Required and must be constructed of at least 1/4" x 2" steel and must be mounted no more than 6" back from the front of the drive shaft. Drive shaft must be painted white.
16. NO CARBON FIBER WHEELS.
17. All cars must be equipped with an explosion proof bell housing made of minimum Â¼â€�steel.
18. NO DIRECT DRIVE: exceptionâ€“ If you have a break down driver must let officials know he is going to run direct drive. Failure to notify officials, in the event of a top three (3) finish that may be teched, driver will be disqualified.
19. NO FIBERGLASS SEATS! Aluminum only, minimum thickness of .125.
SAFETY AND LEGAL ISSUE OF ANY RACE CAR IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE DRIVER DURING AND AFTER ANY RACE WHETHER OR NOT IT HAS UNDERGONE TECHNICAL INSPECTION.
The above rules apply to all classes. Be sure to check them out along with the specific rules for the class you are racing.
IF THERE IS ANYTHING NOT COVERED IN THESE RULES, CHECK WITH THE OFFICIALS AT NEVADA SPEEDWAY.
PROTEST and CLAIM RULES
A rules infraction protest can be made on any one rule, per night, per class.
Specific Technical Rule Infraction PROTEST
Late Model $100.00
Factory stock $50.00
Street Stock $75.00
Driver making protest or claim must drive his race car, under its own power, to claiming area.
Claims and protests must be made within five (5) minutes of the end of the race.
Claims and protests must be made to SPEEDWAY OFFICIAL and cash for the appropriate claim must accompany declaration of intention to claim.
First sell or not sell by driver being claimed is binding.
Only drivers may claim or protest and only drivers may agree to sell or refuse to sell.
Driver making the claim must have raced two (2) points nights before claiming.
THESE RULES WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.
DEFINITIVE RULES AGAINST UNSPORTSMAN LIKE CONDUCT. NO EXCEPTIONS.
FIGHTING WILL GET YOU A RIDE TO JAIL. THE OFFICERS ON DUTY ARE GIVEN THE RIGHT BY THE MANAGEMENT AND STATE TO ENFORCE THE RULES AND REGULATIONS AS WELL AS THE COUNTY, STATE, AND FEDERAL LAWS.
********ANY UNAUTHORIZED PARTICIPANT, INCLUDING PITCREW MEMBERS,
ENTERING FLAGMANâ€™S STAND OR JUDGEâ€™S BOX WILL CAUSE DRIVER TO BE DISQUALIFIED AND LOSE POINTS AND MONEY FOR THE ENTIRE NIGHT.
DRIVERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR CREW MEMBERS AND FAMILY!
DRIVERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR PIT CREW AND THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS IN THE GRANDSTANDS.
ANY PERSON CAUSING OR BECOMING INVOLVED IN UNSPORTSMAN LIKE BEHAVIOR, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, STOPPING ON THE TRACK TO ARGUE OR PROTEST WILL BE SUSPENDED FOR THE LENGTH OF TIME SET FORTH BY THE MANAGEMENT AND/ OR BE SUBJECTED TO A FINE THAT MAY BE PUT INTO A POINT FUND.
1. ANY DRIVER INVOLVED IN A FIGHT WILL LOAD HIS CAR AND EQUIPMENT IMMEDIATELY AND LEAVE THE SPEEDWAY GROUNDS.
2. DRIVER WILL AUTOMATICALLY LOSE POINTS AND PRIZE MONEY FOR THAT EVENT NIGHT.
3. ANY DRIVER, CREW MEMBER OR FAMILY MEMBER ENTERING A COMPETITORS PIT AREA WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE PITS AND/OR SUSPENDED.
4. 1st OFFENSEâ€”DRIVER WILL BE SUSPENDED FOR 21 CALENDAR DAYS. 2nd OFFENSE DRIVER WILL BE SUSPENDED FOR THE BALANCE OF THIS YEARâ€™S RACE SEASON.
5. ANY PIT CREW MEMBER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FRIEND, BUDDY, WIFE, GIRLFRIEND, SIGNED IN A DRIVERâ€™S PIT, INVOLVED IN A FIGHT, WILL BE SUSPENDED FOR 21 CALENDAR DAYS. 2ND OFFENSE SUSPENSION WILL BE 45 CALENDAR DAYS
6. ANY OBJECT PRESENTED AS A WEAPON WILL BE CONFISCATED BY NEVADA SPPEDWAY FOR AN UNDETERMINED AMOUNT OF TIME.
7. ANY ONE FOUND PRESENTING A â€œWEAPONâ€�, i.e. INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, JACK HANDLE, BASEBALL BAT, BEVERAGE CONTAINER, SCREWDRIVER, HAMMER, OR TIRE IRON, WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE SUSPENDED 60 CALENDAR DAYS. 2ND OFFENSE MAY RESULT IN PERMANENT SUSPENSION.
8. ABSOLUTELY NO FIREARMS ARE ALLOWED ON NEVADA SPEEDWAY PREMISES OR NEVADA RACEWAY PREMISES.
9. ANY OFFENSE AGAINST A NEVADA SPEEDWAY EMPLOYEE IS GROUNDS FOR SUSPENSION.
10. CHARGING WITH CARS WILL RESULT IN SUSPENSION, LOSS OF POINTS, AND MONEY.